Increasing mental illness awareness one brush stroke at a time.
FallRisk - an interactive art show
FallRisk began as a collection of artwork describing the seven most commonly diagnosed mental disorders: schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It soon evolved to include specific symptoms of mental illness as a form of therapy and reducing stigma. It portrays visions from mania, depression, and self-harm phases to aid visualization of some of the emotions from mental illness. The artwork expanded to photography and short clips.
“I will not suffer without gain.”
- Reduce stigma surrounding mental illness
- Increase awareness of mental illness in society
- Encourage people suffering to seek help
- Increase funding towards mental illness research to know the neurobiological and environmental sources of mental illness rather than only treating the symptoms
- Create outpatient support groups for those leaving psychiatric wards
discharges from state hospitals become homless within 6 months of release
leading cause of death worldwide is suicide for ages 15-29 year olds
of adults in the U.S. diagnosed with mental illness received mental healthcare in 2016
Check out our Kickstarter
Want to get involved? Feel free to contact us! We need your support!